Monday 18 April 2011

Unfixed - Plywood and beyond.






Unfixed (2011), Plywood, wire, found objects. 215x183cm - can vary slightly with different set up.


 I needed to add several discs of wire to begin to support the structure. Then I started to add more lengths of plywood,  making reference  to shapes and linear designs from my previous works. I also experimented  by adding found materials, from home, thus imprinting on the piece personal memories and significance.The finished sculpture is more stable than my first attempts, but still exhibits a slightly unbalanced quality and has the ability to change. This does suggest movement in a "static" object. My skill to construct continues to develop.The introduction of alternative materials has added further layers and a depth not achieved solely from using wood. If I were to exhibit this piece I would need to partially build it on site.

No comments:

Post a Comment